OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Road Trip Baby Shower

The girls and I hit the road yesterday for my dear friend, Wendy's baby shower. I took the van, all five girls and we headed about two hours away for the shower, and then on another hour to pick up a surprise at Wendy's house. I was proud of my girl's creation...Moriah, Alyssa and I went shopping for the items and then the girls all made Wendy this diaper cake. 



Can you see the new baby's name on the cake?


Here's a shot of the guest of honor opening lots of cute, girly gifts. 


Here's Wendy's daughter, Esther, with Tori under the table. 


Here's a shot of the host. She is a very special woman that we went to church with years ago. In fact, she was also Gabriel and Alei's preschool teacher. I would like to find the picture of Alei with her on her first day of preschool at three.


This is the surprise that we made the extra trip down to Wendy's house for - any guesses?


Since it was a girl event, we had to brave the lurking spiders and load it ourselves.


I love this picture of Wendy, Rachel (and Ruth.) They may live three hours away, but we will see them again on Wednesday since Julia is at their house until then. (In fact, she may want to meet earlier.)

4 comments:

  1. Rachel is adorable in her tight jeans. and Julia is doing fine. We will make it to Wednesday with her...but Abigail is a different story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!


    A square trampoline! :) I bought one on craige's list 2 years ago and resold it this year (Youngest in our family is 15 and didn't have an interest), so I know the parts of one well.

    At least, I think I do. Guess we'll see if I'm right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it, it's a square trampoline. Now, if we can just get it put together!

    ReplyDelete