OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

As Fast As I Can...

The Internet is so temperamental that I'm going to type fast and try to get out 1% of what is swirling through my brain. We are waiting for a van and driver to be able to confirm our tickets in person, book seats for our flight home, take items to Selah's orphanage, meet someone to give quilts to a safe house up North and do a little shopping. 

Bella is having a rough time since we brought Brooke back to the transition home. She loved Brooke until she was told that she was her sister. She then with-drew, refused to be near Brooke and clings to her American sisters. I think she will be OK once we take her with us; right now coming and going and leaving her with the nannies is a bit unsettling. Ethiopia does not allow the adopted children to be seen in public with their adoptive parents, so taking her anywhere is not an option. Selah, however, isn't threatened by Brooke and is bonding nicely with her.

Yesterday we had a wonderful trip home from Nazareth and stopped at a resort to kayak and eat lunch. Although Brooke had never been in water, she didn't hesitate to get in the kayak with Alyssa. I wish I could post pictures of her, but they will have to wait. The restaurants give us enormous portions and I am a bit of an embarrassment asking for the left-overs to be put in boxes to take. I them am choosing to be a further embarrassment to hand out the left-overs to beggars on the street. It seems worth it to me :)

I am going to post pictures separately. 

1 comment:

  1. Mom,
    Love you & miss you! So much! Email me back when you get a chance. Elijah has been crying and crying on my laps for days, just wanting you. I told him that you would type an email for him, and I could read it to him! So so so excited to meet my little Selah and Bella! Was Brooke disappointed in Bella's reaction to her? Can't wait to meet her also! When you go shopping, remember to get me some super pretty scarf, please! If I can't go to Africa, then souvenirs are just as good. :) Oh, and a carved giraffe or hippo! That would be amazing.
    Love you Mommy!
    ~Moriah
    P.s. Putting the puppy on craigslist!

    ReplyDelete