OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Finally Fall with a Touch of Christmas

After most of September being so hot, we are enjoying the fall feel of the last few weeks. While we have lived in this area for a decade, we attended the fall festival on the base for the first time. I don't know why we didn't go before, the kids had a blast and everyone came home with a free pumpkin. 

I think this was also Elijah's first pony ride, but definitely Selah and Bella's.

Isabella
 Selah (and Julia) crack me up; I can be taking pictures in a dozen directions, but when I point to them, they are ready and smiling.



Julia and Elijah on their round.



There was a beautiful sun-set.


The kids also enjoyed the booths of games and crafts.


It has been a bit of a rough week around here, just more challenges than normal along the path of child rearing. Yesterday was a nice distraction when our big Christmas present arrived.

As some background, I asked JD the other day of what he thought about getting the kids a smaller ATV for Christmas since we now have so much cleared area that they could safely ride. I also requested that we get our current one fixed that has been sitting broken in the barn for three years. Ironically, he said that he had stopped and looked at one the day before. (Sometimes we are so on the same page...other times not as much.) Yesterday, he went to test drive it and bought it. Our conversation on the phone was when he was two miles from the house....I asked him where he was going to hide it until Christmas. He replied that it had a 30 day warranty, so we couldn't wait to run it. I then yelled to the kids inside and out that their Dad was coming up the drive-way with a Christmas present. I wish I had gotten my camera initially because there was much rejoicing. 

Moriah and Alyssa got a quick lesson and were off. James, Ben and Tori got a longer lesson and did very well driving in the field. The boys progressed to second gear but Tori has to remain in first for now. 


I also have to order several helmets.


Moriah took some pictures while I was off and riding.



Julia 
Selah

Our second ATV went off to the repair shop as well, so by next weekend we should have two running.


                                                                                  Jenny                                                                                                                  



                                                                                                                      






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I love how all the kids are always smiling!

    ReplyDelete