OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, October 25, 2013

October October


It's been a tough week around here! I guess an obvious side-effect of a large family is lots of drama, but I'm considering putting up a sign in sheet and making the children request a week for their crisis like businesses do for vacation. I feel like I'm on round four for the week and I'm really only qualified for one!

In spite of the drama, life goes on. Several years ago when I was at probably the lowest point of my life, I had a wise friend tell me to "just do the next thing." While so simple, it was such good advice that I use at many times like this. When I feel like I'm in a fog, I just decide what the next thing is and focus only on that....and pray!

This week Moriah turned 16.  Alyssa took some birthday pictures of her outside.



Selah helped with the background by jumping over her several times.


She was more than happy, however, to break from long-jump practice to pose.


We had family birthday dinner and presents. She is having a party this weekend.


Some of my "do the next thing" involved making several batches of applesauce. Kind of amazing how few quart jars you really end up with from 80 pounds of apples.


Now that apples are done, we are moving on to pears. We were blessed to pick all these pears from a local tree. I am giving them two weeks to soften and then we are going to can them. Unfortunately, it's getting so cold at night that I'm going to have to make room for them to move inside to finish ripening.


The kids are super excited because we are heading to a local farm tonight with lots of attractions.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT picture of Moriah! I love your sign up sheet idea, but have my doubts it would work. Especially since a couple of my kids don't understand the whole concept of a calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand just how you feel! Happy birthday to your sweet sixteen year old!!! Hang in there. You have a fellow mom also in the trenches praying for you!

    Warmly,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete