OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Last Week


 I can't believe it's been a week since I last blogged; it seems like only a few days. Last weekend I went to our annual women's retreat and hoped to download some fun pictures, but I can't because they are all up-side-down and won't turn like normal pictures. There is hope of turning them once my husband comes home tomorrow. Speaking of my wonderful husband, that played mom and dad all weekend so I could go have a weekend away; he has traveled quite a bit lately for work. Overall, I'm thankful it has been this year, rather than last year when Selah and Bella first came home, but it's still a drag. Our evenings while JD is gone is all feeding, bathing and homework - it all gets done but it takes from about 4:00 until 8:00. 

spelling pre-test
I have an issue...(I bet you've never heard this one!) I seriously buy, sell and swap couches like they are bed sheets. I can not even begin to tell you how many Craigslist couches I have purchased (for excellent deals I must add) since we moved into this house five years ago. For the last several months, I have been on the hunt for a Lazy Boy leather loveseat for the living room TO ADD to our current couch and love-seat. The problem is that I found a set at such a good deal that neither JD or I wanted to break up the love seat from the couch, so we bought both. The problem is that I let JD swap the couch in the living room for the new one and now I am pretty sure that I prefer the old one. It happens to be waiting in the trailer to be driven around the house and put in its new home downstairs, but much to JD's dismay, it may need to swapped again. So many couches and so many decisions!

  
In between couch deliberations, I have started making applesauce. My hands ache from peeling and I'm only about 1/4th of the way through all the apples I bought. After the apples, I have a pear connection waiting. I'm really not sure I can pull it off since I'll be back to Tori and Julia hair weekends at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment