OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday Times 2

It's hard to believe, but my baby boy turns two today and my baby girl turns four! I snapped a few pictures of them when they headed outside this morning.

Elijah was being very serious and telling me about the butterflies in the flowers.

When he decided to present me with a big cheese, I didn't have the camera ready, so it's a bit out of focus.

Julia was more than happy to stop for a few pictures.

Four!

She has grown so much; it's hard to believe that only three years ago, she was a one year old wearing size three months clothes!

She has a flair for fashion and loves her red high-tops - even with sun dresses!

When I suggested that I take a few pictures of them together, they both thought they had better things to do. Here's Elijah chasing James and Ben as fast as his little legs can run.


Here's my babies exactly two years ago. I look pretty rough, but I had just given birth and had my just turned two year old and my 3 1/2 year old climbing on me and newborn Elijah.


We didn't think that Julia would understand that it was her birthday or that Elijah was a permanent present, but she hit the hospital room door and said, "where is my birthday boy?" She got it and was pleased with her birthday surprise.

Happy Birthday to our baby girl and boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment