OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bountiful Blessings

Perhaps it takes a mother of nine to get excited about produce, but I was pretty thrilled with our haul from my friend, Wendy's, garden.
We had to tote all these peas in and out of the hotel room to keep them cool.

I had lots of little pea workers. They are all now blanched and in the freezer.
I also blanched and froze okra for winter stew.

Today I am hoping to can some pickles; I am just having a hard time finding the needed mix without driving to "town."

5 comments:

  1. I wish we were neighbors, then we could team up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to move closer? You are beyond a garderner - your're practically a farmer! (That's a compliment.)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were closer. I need you to come back for a 2nd haul. i am afraid it might go bad and i cant handle that thought when i think of all the hard work & prayer that went into this garden....especially me being 5 mths pregnant & out there in the blazing sun working it. i am going to shell peas & lima beans tonight & can tomatoes & make pickles tomorrow & the next few days. i think there is about 20 watermelons ready to be picked. oh that doesnt even include the corn. i think out of the 2 - 5 gallon buckets full of tomatoes i picked today i told clay i was taking 15 to the karate soke - Scott & he said "dont take them all because people at work have been asking." i just laughed. he hasnt a clue what i did today & then there will be probalby 2 more 5 gallon buckets full tomorrow. i'm totally not worried about enough. now is the prime season. oh did i mention the cantaloupe are just about ready & they will all come in about in the same 3 weeks. i'm so tired and could cry from the work with Jesus Bible camp/vbs this week in the mornings & with karate every evening. but one highlight.....Clay is at Lowe's getting my new refrigerator. that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Momma of 5 and I get excited about produce too! We get a big basket delivered to our house once a week from a local farm for a really great price. It's like Christmas when I get my basket every week! I can't wait to see what I'm getting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful abundance of food. You have a beautiful family.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete