OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Finally Summer

 Friday was a big day around here, in spite of it getting no blog coverage. It was Ben's last day of math (thus the last official last day of the 2011-2012 school year). I know, it's way late, but better late than never, right? It was also Julia's last day of summer school, which was a wonderful program that was three hours a day for three weeks. My mind can switch to summer now, although I spent several hours today working on fall schooling plans. I need to call tomorrow and register Alei with her Liberty University online classes and I'm working on ordering Alyssa's books for her second year at Classical Conversations.


In the meantime, we had five baby chicks hatch the last two days. Here is Elijah analyzing the whole hatching process.


I started one more of my "adoption nesting" projects that I've been so anxious to work on. I ordered a dozen plastic shoe boxes, whipped out the the label maker and tackled the master bathroom cabinets. Imagine all this junk in here with only two boxes...yeah, I didn't take a before picture. It would have been too embarrassing. 



I think I'm going to start on the storage room tomorrow and I'm not taking a before picture of it either. A lot needs to leave that room to make it a comfortable storage space again. Oh, and hair...I have four more days of Julia hair. 

1 comment:

  1. You're more organized than me. Our bathroom linen closet has those pink basins they give you in the hospital to get sick in (they're clean...don't worry). The categories right now are "For outside the body", "For inside the body", and "Travel size junk". We are going through the process of cleaning rooms and getting more organized too.

    ReplyDelete