OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Sometimes It Has to Get Worse

 Sometimes things just have to get worse to get better. When I started my storage room clean-out project, I decided that I wanted to move the shelves to allow for more Rubbermaid space. What I didn't realize is that my husband had the shelves bolted to the wall. Once I had unloaded them, I was determined to move them, so James and I worked until we had them dismantled and "remantled". The clean out took a full two days. 


Storage room mid-project -  



The view inside now - (I got three of these shelves from the local video store when they went out of business for only like $20 each.)


 The play-room during the project - 



The play-room now - (The playroom clean out stemmed from the storage room clean-a-thon and is thankfully just one more room finished.) 



JD was out of town for the two days I worked on this (otherwise I would have enlisted his help with the shelves). Once he came home, he suggested that we move the 3rd white shelf to the other side of the room and he could build a shelf that would hold about another dozen Rubber-maids. We will be revisiting that wonderful idea at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment