OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Still Working

 JD is heading down the hall with the wood floor. The progress is fast, but the trim pieces on order will not be in until Thursday, so we will be semi-putting furniture back for our 4th of July company. I am very, very happy with it; I have always wanted wood floor and this is the first time we have ever installed it.


I am working on putting Julia's locs in. Last weekend, I corn-rowed her hair into three levels of ten corn-rows each. I am now removing a corn row at a time and putting nine to 12 locs in that spot. It is slow tedious work; it took me an an hour and 20 minutes today to do two corn-rows. If I try to accomplish two a day, we can complete the locs in a little over two weeks. 


I love the look though!


5 comments:

  1. Hi I am going to adopt from Thailand and was wondering how having multiple pets has affected your adoption process? It would be of great help if you could answer this question for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if the floors are laminate flooring that locks together or locking hardwood? They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha, I have never had an issue with pets and adoptions. This was our 4th home-study and the pets were never an issue. As far as the kids, I did have kids come home that were afraid of the animals, but they adjusted quickly and it was never a long term issue.

    Lisa, The floors are the locking laminate from Costco, (cheap on sale for another couple of days). I talked to a couple there that had 8 pets and said theirs had held up well, so I hope they are right! We can replace just a board, also, if one becomes damaged. I like their look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny thank you for answering my question and maintaining this blog. I enjoy reading about your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad we are not the only crazy people doing projects in close proximity with adoptions. Our yard is a disaster area, and our den....yet we were measuring tonight for a bathroom re-do.
    Be glad you get to choose hardwood, and it's not a neccesity. We have to put it in every house (on #8) because of allergies and asthma.

    ReplyDelete