OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

How Do I Tell You This, Girls?

 Here are some pictures of the day that I sat Selah and Bella down in Ethiopia and broke it to them that they were not going to be the only two children. I say this jokingly because I can not speak their language, nor do they have any concept of parents, siblings or family. They understood we were "mommy" and "daddy", but after over two years in the orphanage, neither of them can have any understanding of what that really means. I'm sure they don't understand brother or sister either, but we went over the family picture several times showing them their "heits" and "wendems".


I went over the kids' names many times and they would proudly show me "mommy" and "daddy" in the picture.  


(The only reason they sat still for so long was the suckers!)


Here's my sweet baby #11 - that means she will have a ton of doting brothers and sisters. That is not going to be a bad place to be! 


Selah and Elijah are numbers 9 and 10 - it just isn't in yet who will be what number. Elijah is voting for Selah to be his little sister, like Bella. We will see...once the bone scan returns. 

1 comment: