OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Hair Post - LOCS


I actually finally finished Julia's locs on Saturday. I spent about 1.5 hours a day on them for around 20 days straight. Her locs are tiny micro-braids - there are somewhere around 500-600 of them! The idea of locs is that they are permanent and will stay indefinitely. In her case, they are so small that it really just looks like free hair. 


When the locs are wet, they are down to her shoulder in some places; when they are dry, they really shrink up.


We are going to be able to just style her hair with head-bands or bows or put it in pig-tails or bigger braids, much like you would curly, white hair.


Wendy is whipping up some little bands with flowers on them that will be so cute when we pull back just the fronts of her hair.


When I asked her to turn to the side, she did, then as soon as the camera snapped, she flipped to the other side like a mug shot. Poor kid, she has logged way too many hours of hair time in her six young years.


I'm so thankful to be done! Tori is ready for a new do (and no, I'm not locing her hair - it's a different kind of hair and I don't think it would work well.)

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Julia's hair! You did a fabulous job! How often will you need to help loc in the new growth? Do you have a favorite website for how to loc and care for loc hair? I have two girls that just might need to have locs. Way to go...the new style is wonderful! ~Tamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Fits her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I've locked both my younger sisters' hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looks great! What a great job!

    And soon one day you will have two more little girls to do their hair.

    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, she looks so cute! That smile is just adorable. You really did a great job with her hair. The headband is nice also (I love headbands). You can check out my website for Loc care and maintenance info.

    Wow, you still have your sanity with a house full of children. (smile) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny you did awesome. she looks adorable. and i am working on some bows & more flowers to put in her hair. I sent what i had already made with Alei tonight.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW--what a dedicated mom=)
    Nobody in my house gets more than 5 minutes spent on their hair.
    And the lazy days post---do you take some kind of supermom supplement?? I need it.

    ReplyDelete