OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lazy Days?


These are supposed to be the lazy days of summer, but my days are anything but that. We have a busy weekend planned to follow my "much more than average" stressful week. JD was up in PA with his Mom, who was in the hospital, the early part of this week, while I played the role of Mom and Dad. My dual role, coupled with our summer colds and coughs, my strained back (remember my storage room clean out?) and a few bad attitudes have created a pretty long week. 


Tomorrow is Julia and Elijah's birthdays! I have a large group coming to my house Friday and Sunday for different events and we are heading out of town for the day on Saturday. There is much cleaning to be done today, but first I had to can a few rounds of tomatoes. 


Our "salsa weekend" this year is going to be salsa Monday and Tuesday, because life has been to busy to devote a weekend to salsa. I'm going it alone, however, since salsa is JD's primary love language. 


Those orange tomatoes are Golden Boys and are delicious; they are, however, giving my tomato sauce a much more orange than red appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment