OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Craziness and My Pet Peeve of 2011

This weekend has to be the busiest of the year. We had our entire Bible study group and their families here on Friday night for a pot-luck and bon-fire. Today we are having a very, (very) late Julia and Elijah birthday party. In between those two events, my children had about six other events which kept me running like a crazy woman all day yesterday. By evening I was stressed and exhausted and announced that no one was adding anything to next weekend's schedule, which is currently just the last two soccer games of the year. 


Speaking of soccer, I don't know why this season has seemed so long and miserable, especially since Gabriel did all of the boy's practice runs for me and a few of the games, but it has. I did not sign anyone up for indoor winter soccer but am thinking that next year we may skip fall soccer altogether and just let everyone play indoor soccer since it's not interfering with our fall outside projects and it's played much closer to our house. Poor Tori wants to play so badly but I couldn't stand to even try to add it to our schedule this fall. 


So, here's my pet peeve of the year...and I think it's more than legitimate. In fact, it made me so annoyed that I am labeling it "this is what is wrong with Americans." Moriah played on a different league this fall that is an all girls league instead of our normal county league. So, I payed more to sign her up and drove farther to the games; it was worth it since we know and trust the coach and the practices were actually closer to our house. So, one of the moms on the team (don't know her) sent out an email that said that she was working on what gift we could all order to reward the girls for playing. What? Seriously? I pay, drive and provide snacks and now I'm supposed to buy my daughter a $37 monogrammed bag to reward her for playing soccer! (To make matters worse, I believe the mother sells for the company that she choose to have us all order our $37 EACH bag from so that she gets a % of it.) Well, guess what? I'm not doing it. I think Christmas is approaching and if Moriah is really dying for a $37 monogrammed bag, she'll have to put it on her list. Quite frankly, I think her father and I deserve the gift since we were the ones who sacrificed to allow her to play soccer like she desired. No wonder people think they can only afford two children; it's true with this mindset!  I'm scheduling my talk with Moriah about why she may be the only one who isn't presented a bag at the party (because we also have to throw them a party to thank them for playing soccer!) Get a grip people!


I'll end with a positive; the deck now has rails and no one fell off of it the few months it didn't. The wood needs to cure a few months before painting and putting on the screen, so it may be early spring when JD and I do that. 



There's one white rail up also - a few more days and it'll be child safe other than the small stair section.


I guess my next post will be party pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my---I agree with you! A friend who is expecting her 9th child, was recently telling me she ran into a guy from high shcool. He commented on "how could they afford it?' and proceeded to name of activities the kids were involved in, and how they spent $500 per kid at Christmas plus Santa!! We don't do santa, and probably not even $500 total!

    ReplyDelete