OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We Finished

We managed to get a full day of school in and finish our downstairs project. It's amazing what I can accomplish on the days that I get to stay home. The boys now have lovely green carpet in their room. Granted it's not the color I would choose, but it's so nice to have carpet down on those concrete floors. 


James and Ben's room is right off the playroom, so it's just a continuation of the green we laid in there a few months ago. 


I also finished the linen closet; it will be nice to have another, but for now it's crammed in there. Alei told me that she read on Pinterest to put the sheet sets in the pillowcase and it worked nicely. When Alei mentioned it later, JD told us that is how it's done in the Navy. Who knew? All those years I was a Navy daughter and then a Navy wife, no one ever told me that trick. 


It sure is a lot more convenient to get a blanket now than digging down four rubber-maids. 



After cleaning, we still had a bit of time to bond with the hamsters - 


And admire Elijah's new shirt. 


My next down-stairs project is painting a wall and hanging all the pictures I have framed waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment