OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Whirlwind

 I was gone between 12 and 14 hours on Saturday and Sunday, which has made me feel like I have a lot of catch up to do around the house. On Saturday, Alyssa and I helped with food for my friends daughter's wedding; we fed 250 people. Let me tell you, the biggest thing I learned is that I don't want anything to do with feeding the people at my children's weddings - it's way too much work! I'll leave that to some capable caterers. All in all, it turned out wonderfully; it just was a ton of work. 


Sunday we went to church and planned on coming home and then just JD or I making the airport run to pick up Aunt Deb from her three-countries-in-two-week tour, but we both really wanted to go, so just fed the kids after church in town and then headed north. She came into the airport that is on the far side of D.C. where we flew in and out of when we headed to Liberia. Once we arrived, we found out that her flight was pretty delayed, but JD stumbled across the U.S.O. and we had a lovely time waiting. They had a little kitchen stocked with snacks and a big living room with a TV, books, toys and games. The best part was that we didn't tell Debs (who was in customs for a long time after her delayed flight) and she texted me that she was sad that it was so late that she wasn't going to get to see the kids. JD brought her in for a bottle of water and we were all there. I love surprises. I'm pretty sure that the employees thought that she had been gone for more like six months, from all the kid excitement!


I sure wish we had discovered this spot back in 2007 when we sat with Ben and Julia for almost three hours (after traveling for 32) waiting for the man that volunteered to pick us up! Now I know.


Welcome home Aunt Deb!



Next time we are at this airport, it should have something to do with this - 



(that's a pretty pitiful smile I have, but it goes with my conclusion.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment