OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Out on the Town

JD had to go out of town, so I asked my sister if she wanted to accompany the "littles" and I to the mall to see Santa (that my kids know is just a man dressed up, but it hasn't curbed their enthusiasm) and to a Christmas light show. Since my sister is the very best sister in the world, she met me at the mall entrance where I had unloaded the new kid hauling wagon. This wagon is the best because it fits in the tiny back of my van where no stroller fits PLUS it holds three pre-schoolers!


We got some entertaining pictures on Santa's lap. I actually figured out how to scan them, but I can't make them any larger. This one has a nice smile on everyone but Elijah and Selah  - he has a "get me out of here" look (that I found entertaining) and Selah rarely smiles for pictures, she seems to consider them serious in nature.
After that Santa, we had a round of Elijah being Santa.


Most of the kids were cooperative.



My three youngest girls - Bella, Julia and Selah


Debs took this picture of the kids and I checking out our Santa photos. When I look at this picture, I just wonder when I started looking so much like my mother.


The mall has this cool pirate ship that we had to admire. Check out Selah's face as she tries to force Julia off "her" step.



Now check out Julia's reaction to Selah's treatment....oh, the fun of sibling rivalry!



We played long enough that we had to RUN to the light show behind the mall. Here's a picture of Elijah accurately displaying some by standers' reaction to our parade traipsing through the mall.



Once the lights and music started, Selah climbed out of the wagon and danced the whole show through. I wish I had it on video.


No comments:

Post a Comment