OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Big Brother, Little Brother

I am standing in the dark of the hotel room on my phone constructing this post, while I wait for my fair turn in the bathroom. We had an excellent 15 hour trip down; we brought Alyssa (because she isn't home for Gabriel's home coming and wedding this summer) and Elijah (because he misses his brother so). I felt very good about the care-giver line-up that I left with the children at home but did receive bad news that Selah and Bella have spent most of the evening crying for me. This is the first time I have left them overnight in the six months they have been home! I really agonized about it and felt like it was the right thing to come to FL, especially in light of Gabriel's orders to the west coast where we will not see him regularly.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, let me show you Elijah with his biggest brother that he so misses.


And here's Elijah in his early birthday present from Gabriel - a matching Navy uniform with his name on it!

2 comments:

  1. What brotherly love! My kiddo would LOVE to have a uniform like that! How cool that it had his name on it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Elijah loves the uniform. Gabriel looks so grown up--what happened to the baby-faced boy you sent down a few months ago=)

    ReplyDelete