OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Call From Africa

 Alyssa left exactly two weeks ago for Africa. Yesterday, I received the first call from her since she left the country. The connection was poor and she stated right up front that she only had 2 minutes to talk. Since I was driving on 95 with two kids, the first 15 seconds was spent with Julia whining, "I want to talk to Alyssa; I want a turn" and me frantically shaking my head no. I then pulled way off the road and got out of the car, only to discover that the trucks speeding by were actually louder than Julia. Thankfully, once I got back in the car, Julia was quiet. I was able to get that Alyssa has stayed healthy and is remembering to take her malaria medicine; she said that she didn't want to leave the kids in Zambia and there was an 11 year old girl, named Sarah, that she wanted to bring home. I reminded her that adoption isn't an option in Zambia. Not much more was said before the phone cut out. I'm hoping to hear from her when she is at the airport moving to South Africa.

The cats are hanging out higher these days to avoid Alayna's dog, Harley.
We are working hard at wedding projects. I can't believe how difficult is has been to find the little girl's flower girl dresses and shoes. We finally scored dresses yesterday, but are going to have to go with white sandals since white Mary Jane shoes seemed to have disappeared from all stores. Our "ring-bear" suits came in, but Macy's ordered the blue and yellow instead of the blue and purple, so now we have to go on a purple tie hunt.

Gabriel is on his way home, he spent last night in Atlanta and should arrive this afternoon. We have some excited kids!

I'm thinking the goats are supposed to be off their bottles, but they aren't happy with that idea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment