OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, August 26, 2013

"Manly" Post

I'm disappointed that I didn't take one picture, but my sister and I hosted a large "raise some money to go to Ethiopia" yard sale last weekend. We did it with Alei, Alyssa and all the little people's help since JD and the boys were attending Hunter Safety class.

Here is the bigger success of the day - the boys holding their graduation certificates. In just a few weeks, they will be going on their first ever deer hunt. (I am working hard to get past my personal anti-hunting feelings...) They are going to hunt on other land and I'm not going to see the deer until it's wrapped in white paper.


While we were busy this weekend, the lumber guys started clearing our land. We are clearing about 20 acres. While I know the terrain is going to be a bit ugly for a while; when it makes it to rolling pasture with animals, I will love it. 
The equipment they have it phenomenal - they cleared about two tractor trailer trucks today. The pine and oak tops are going to pulp while the big trunks are being turned into boards. 



The first clearing is about half way down our drive-way; we are leaving a pretty good buffer between the first clearing and the road.  We like our privacy so we can do our morning animal chores in our pajamas!


1 comment:

  1. HAHA, DH hunted and big kids hunted all their lives, well at least pre=adoption lives. I had but one rule----It doesn't come to my house unless it's in neat, clean, freezer-ready packages=)

    ReplyDelete