OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Privileged Life

 My children have such a blessed privileged life - I only hope they are able to see it. While millions of children live in slavery or are forced to fight or beg for occasional food, my children  finished swim team on Saturday at finals and started soccer camp today.

Tori preparing for a race

Julia and Selah's first day of soccer camp
 In between driving them to their fun events, I have spent hour upon hour and large bill of money upon large bill of money preparing to properly educate them this upcoming school year. There will definitely be a whole blog about my school plans shortly.

James and Mya, the kitten Julia has so successfully tamed.
 While I love to bestow blessings on my children, my biggest hope is that they not grow up feeling entitled to all the wealth that America offers. I pray they  remember that they did nothing to earn their current life and their focus needs to be how they can fulfill the roll that God calls them to. That in turn will make the world a better place for those around them.  

1 comment: