OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bulk Food

 I have a lot I'd like to blog about, but little time to do so! We have a new pet that arrived yesterday and another on his way from Missouri next week - they will have to be their own blog entry.

I performed my fall ritual of making sure the pantry is cleaned out and all food is in Rubbermaids, so the mice won't try to move in for the winter. 

Can you believe one pantry can create this mess?
This doesn't look like one of those visually appealing pantries from the decorating blogs I like to read, but it is clean, organized and labeled!


We made an Amish run for hay yesterday. I actually bought horse feed (for the donkey), chicken feed and two kinds of hay but totally forgot the goat feed. I just can't remember everything no matter what. 


I got a bonus surprise when I got to the feed store because apples were in. For some reason, the Amish apples are sold at the feed store, not the Amish grocery store or Amish flee market - I don't get it but it's a well kept secret that I'm thankful to be in on. Other than bulk apples, we got 50 pound bags of wheat, flour and sugar. I even buy those huge cheese logs that Walmart slices off of - the Amish just sell the whole log for a fraction of the deli price. 


It sure got hot the last few days and needs to feel more like fall before I feel like cooking apples for hours or laying fall grass seed. 

1 comment:

  1. Ewww does it really get worse in the fall/winter?? I've seen more mice in the barns here in our 4 weeks, than I saw in the suburbs in the last 25 years put together. But Hey! haven't seen a single roach...which seam to be plentiful in the burbs.
    Thankfully, only evidence has been seen in the house, and DH got the culprit in a trap....I did not have to witness any mice, dead or alive. It was our cereal cabinet where evidence was found. How do I "rubbermaid"ize a case of cereal so that it fits in the cabinet?..pantry space is limited. And do you have a fool-proof mouse-proof container I could use for horse feed?

    ReplyDelete