OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Two of This Week's Three Big Events

 Alyssa performed in a local drama this year for the first time; we were thouroughly impressed with how talented the youth were! It was based on the story of a persecuted Christian in the Roman times. She made a lovely Roman.

Not sure what is going on with Julia's belly in this picture - it doesn't really look like that!
 Last night, we hosted the cast party for the production. The reality of that was the little guys got to watch a movie and eat popcorn in the master retreat while the teens took over the basement and fire pit outside.


  
We actually enjoy having large groups of teens at our house and the basement works great for it!


 Tuesday was our final day of Classical Conversations for Elijah, Bella and I until after Christmas. I'm not sure if I would have signed up to be a tutor if I had known the challenges we were going to face this fall, but I'm glad I committed before I would have made that decision. I have had to dump some other things I wanted to do, but CC has really taught me a lot and I'm pretty fond of my little class of eight. I wanted to show a class picture, but don't want to put them online without permission, so I'm showing our final project on the human body instead. 



The last six weeks we have made body parts while we learned about the human body. On Tuesday we assembled their paper counterparts. Unfortunately, Bella's femur bone got lost between school and home. 


We have another super exciting event coming on Sunday - I'll be back with that.

1 comment:

  1. I did the body with Kristen and Jake and had it on their doors for months. I have since gotten rid of the book with the pattern, did you get it online?? or from a book?
    You guys are cuter with skin on=)

    ReplyDelete