OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tiny, Small and a Bit Bigger

 My synonyms of the day is words for small - (do I spend too many hours with preschoolers to first graders?) Our first thing is the tiny turtle that Julia found on the driveway this morning. After everyone got to hold him, he went back to have a happy life in the woods.


Our next thing small is my favorite little thing of all - Nathan. Check out that darling smile. (I am going to be harassed by countless teenagers for posting this picture with the words at the top, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it and the smile is worth the harassment.)

Nathan - a bit over two months

Lastly, I have to tell you what my little boy (Elijah) said in Wal-Mart. We were rolling to the checkout with a cart of dog food, people food and children when Elijah said, "do you even have enough money for all of this?" and I replied with a goofy tone, "of course I do, I am loaded." Elijah scrunched his face and said, "do you mean loaded or bloated?"

It's nice to have some side humor while you are spending large amounts of money just to feed the children!


1 comment:

  1. Synonyms...HEY! I spend my days with kids, and I just typed a multi-sylable word!! =)

    ReplyDelete