OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Latest

 Last week we made a trip to Richmond to hang out with my friend, Wendy, and another friend who has a daughter from Ethiopia. I did not take one picture during our time together, which annoys me. I did take this picture after we split off from the group, and stopped at the museum that was the site of the largest Civil War hospital in the south. Why there is a Statue of Liberty outside of it is beyond me, but I took a picture.


We stopped at Alei's house on the way home for a bit. The kids enjoyed feeding the goldfish in her pond.


We spent last weekend doing some upkeep on a rental home before the new renters moved in. It didn't look like much, but took me a full day and JD about three. There are always tasks pulling him away from doing the taxes that so desperately need to be done.


When I have a few moments and a few milk cartons, I plant more seeds. The milk cartons are lined up in the first garden bed. I am planning on putting in lettuce, kale and spinach seeds straight in the ground in the next few days as well.


The kids and I also made an Amish run for animal feed and wheat. They always enjoy watching all the activity around the feed store. I need to make another trip for grass seed at a store near the Amish.


Tomorrow is our last day of CC before spring break. We all have spring fever, but are pushing on. Here is Selah doing some school while tending to her baby African style.


This morning we did school at the dentist while six children got teeth cleaned, one son got a small filling and another son had a chipped tooth fixed. The whole event was slightly under three hours, which didn't seem bad for basically eight appointments. I have a few more appointments next week and then we will be free for six months.



1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that Alei has a goldfish pond!! We did the dentist thing last month, our new dentist has heated message chairs!
    There is a mennonite community near us. We were invited to their school Easter program last week, but didn't get to go since Avery broke her leg that day=(

    ReplyDelete