In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

My Hats

 I pulled myself from bed at 7, so that the kids and I could make it to the home school book sale right when it opened at 9; so I then could make my next appointment by 11. I ended up with a really nice haul of books that will be incorporated into next year's curriculum.

We made it back home at 10:30 to unload the books from the van in the pouring rain. I then grabbed the folder JD had prepared for me to role play landlord and ran out the door to meet the new renters for the first month rent and key swap. Thankfully Alyssa was home to watch the other kids and I made it on time.

On my way home, at about 11:30, I had a request about my baby goats that have sold to have the one banded (neutered) and also an adoption request call. I was working on both of those in my mind when I pulled up the driveway in time to wave to the UPS man as he was leaving. It's normal for UPS to come everyday, but I was surprised to see a large vacuum and compressor blocking the entire entryway. Upon closer looking at the label, I realized that no one at my house ordered either, they came to the wrong address. At that point, I had to spend 30 minutes online with UPS before I even began the goat and adoption request calls.

I changed into my farm sweats and took James out to assist me in neutering the baby goat that JD did not have time to cram in before his trip. Since I had never done it, I relied on James paying attention to the times he helped JD. It really wasn't too big of a deal; we banded him.

After whipping up some grilled cheese for lunch, I handled the adoption support portion of my normal life and made a few calls. After all of that, I rallied the troops to help pick up the house before Deb and Joel made it back from her airport run to get him.

I got the house "clean enough" before I went all the way back to my home school mom role. At that point, we started some math and enjoyed a few of the items we bought this morning.

Bella doing a puzzle book - she managed to lose a piece of FL already
Elijah really wasn't able to focus on anything very educational until he plastered his African mask from the kit we bought. He got the boys working on it. 

Basically I reviewed the instructions, told them to read them and Elijah asked a lot of questions. 

This is Elijah's helpfulness while the boys plastered. One of them decided to add a bunch of extra water which complicated the project considerably.

The mask has to set overnight, then Elijah can paint it tomorrow.

And for any observant readers, yes, I cut Elijah's hair short for the first time in his life. He wanted it done for swim team and I obliged.

after - he looks older!
 As for my new books, why am I more excited than the kids? Crazy kids wanted to watch TV instead of getting a jump on reading all of them!

1 comment:

  1. Barber....one more hat, me too. He looks cute=)
    At least you had no animal escapes today (we did). We see the UPS man almost every day too. Your doing better than me, I haven't graded papers in 3 days=0