OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

This and That

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! Here's a few of our happenings. First of all, I would love to note that we are at such a blessed point in our lives with our home school community and new church plant. It is our 5th year at Classical Conversations and we have all grown and learned so much. This sweet favorite is a new "student" this year and Julia often totes her around. I was a bit shocked when Elijah walked over carrying her - I'm sure it's the first time he carried a baby. (He was given her by her momma) and he said, "boy, she is heavier than she looks!" 

I think the church plant will have to be it's own blog post.


 A recent family fun event is bowling with family friends. We do an adult, a teen and a younger lane and we all have a good time. The kids have improved, as have the adults.


So, I get the longevity award for bedroom furniture; the set I had before buying this new set, I got when I was 10! The headboard currently lives in my parents' attic and our current bed did not have one at all. This was a careful purchase that I have wanted for many years! This is the mostly finished bedroom -



I am keeping my other old furniture as guest room furniture. The mess made by moving out the old and in the new was remarkable. The TV cabinet, etc, that did reside in the bedroom no longer fits, so I still have a few remaining items in the school room awaiting a new home.

Here's our retreat mid-move - 


and the school room -


Like our lives aren't crazy enough, we had a horrible donkey incident. Chewy attacked and hurt our smallest goat, Alice. If Elijah and Selah had not arrived at the right time, he would have killed her. I don't understand what happened to provoke him to turn on the very animal he is paid (in grain and hay) to protect? I am not feeling very good about Chewy continuing his job at Jenny's Happy Farm. I have a friend with horses that is coming to visit him over time and we are going to relocate him to her farm or another unknown farm. I am not willing to sell him at auction or even to someone I don't know at least through someone else.

Alice has made a complete recovery and I am so thankful. She spent the first day sleeping on the dog bed in the kitchen. The vet wasn't confident that something wasn't broken as she didn't even attempt to stand that day. She is still weak but has rejoined the other goats in the barn and field.


Julia spent the whole day with her. Doing school -


and napping - look at that smile on Alice's face.



 Jenny


1 comment:

  1. We need to go bowling when we get settled!! I took it as a PE in college =).
    Beautiful new furniture! Weird that Chewy attacked Alice all of the sudden. DH found out last week that our Toby attacked a goat. We gave him to a friend of a friend.
    Julia loves that goat as much as Emmi loved hers, and they do smile=).

    ReplyDelete