OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 2, 2018

And The Crazy Animals too

We are wrapping up school and swim team has started - I feel like this Facebook post sums me up pretty well! 


 Things are always moving. Yesterday, the garage crew came to work on the garage and apartment. The retaining wall builders also showed up to work on the wall. I remembered at the last minute, before I was even dressed, that the bug man was coming to spray for our ant invasion. I also had a call in with the  eye-tracking Dr. to find out if my phone or home calendar had the correct time for Julia's appointment. At 9:30, they called to say I needed to be there at 10, so I had less than five minutes to shower and get out the door. It left JD to do the last two pool runs before he had to make a garage supply run. I texted a friend to bring Bella home from swimming since she said she is willing anytime and Bella is done swimming an hour after Elijah and Selah. Once my friend texted back that she didn't go to the pool that day and couldn't bring Bella home, we were all long gone. Thankfully, I have good supportive friends, so a few frantic texts later, I had a pick up person for Bella. 

After two long hours at the eye doctor, I picked up pizza to feed the kids and rushed home for our usual Friday afternoon frantic clean, because we host home group at our home each and every Friday evening! 

A shot through the living room window yesterday morning - one day we won't have a construction zone out front. One day....



The animals have been really fun this spring and I am really enjoying Butte and Glacier, the llama and "lapaca". I'm glad we got them. We had a coyote stalking the goats one evening when Tori was in the barn, so it gives me comfort to have big Butte in there. We also recently had a fox snag a rooster at the edge of the barn while we were cleaning it out on Memorial Day. James chased it into the woods, across the road, and into the woods on the other side before it dropped the rooster. The rooster came home missing most his feathers but alive and well.

(On a side note, the fox came back the very next day and I wouldn't let JD shoot it, as the neighbor saw it's den of fox pups; and I'm not killing the mom of anything, even if it snags a rooster here or there...). I have some family members that think my logic is flawed, but then I remind them that I will bring home the fox pups and we will raise them and they stop talking. 

Here's some of my animals - 

Bella and her friend with the goats
Last week, Montana hurt her paw and didn't put any weight on it for three days. She appreciated all the extra attention it got her!


On Memorial Day, I paid James and his friend to rake and dig out all the animal hay and poop out of the barn from the long winter. It was deep and took most of the day. While they worked downstairs, I cleaned the loft. Duke and Hans hung out up there with me. It was funny was how they parked themselves in the hay shoot and watched me work.


This is our last baby goat, Barley; her twin brother, Banjo, left for the Berry Farm to join our other three little boys this week. I was trying to be tough and sell all the babies this year instead of increasing my numbers, but I have to keep Barley!


Duke has totally figured out that the electric wire on the fence isn't on, so when he is in the pasture, he escapes all the time. The girls never follow which is funny.


My five "teenager" chickens are nicely tame and fly onto my arm when I'm in the coop. They aren't smart enough to come in at dusk though, so I have to tuck them all in every evening.


Next blog for real....new JD office and a future wedding!

Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment