In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, August 6, 2018

Finals and Baby Llama

 We had swim team finals on Saturday - finals are when you swim against all six teams in your division. We were division champs after winning 5 of 6 swim meets, but we did not win finals. A finals win requires a large team because of the way it is scored and we swim against several larger teams. 

This is our picture at the end of the long hot day. We had to leave at 6 a.m. for warm ups at 7, for the meet start at 8:00. It finally ended about 4:30 p.m.

 We did our regular Chick-Fil-a milk-shake stop. (We also did breakfast there so they saw us twice that day!)

JD and I went out to dinner that night, so it was rather late once I made it out to feed the animals. When I arrived, I found a very lethargic baby llama. After a few calls, Julia and I were on our way to Richmond to a "llama vet". I was so exhausted once I dropped into bed around 1:00 a.m., only to get up for a middle of the night and again early feeding. 

There are a lot of theories about what is wrong, but we do know that she has pneumonia in one lung; beyond that she isn't holding her head up correctly and has no energy. We had to transfer her to bottles and while I was encouraged at her progress yesterday, today is definitely worse. I am currently awaiting another vet and a portable x-ray machine to rule out a neck injury and/or brittle bone disease. After many calls, there is a more qualified lady than I that works for the Richmond Zoo willing to take over her care. (I have done next to NOTHING else for two days!) that I am driving her to this evening. It will be my second rather lengthy road-trip with the baby llama. I am praying she makes it and want to give her every chance. 

 She will legally belong to the zoo once I take her, but they may or may not want her long term. I am OK either way as long as she gets the care she desperately needs. Pray for baby Bree.

No comments:

Post a Comment