OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, October 29, 2018

Marriage and Babies, Dressing Rooms and More

 I really need to blog about 40 times more than I do to keep up with my family. I did cover Moriah's engagement, right? This is not her wedding dress, but just one of countless ones that she tried on. We had a princess party with the bridesmaids and food while Moriah chose her dress. I did not get permission to post this picture, but just love her and her friend Esther's genuine smiles at whoever was talking to them.  


I am a huge fan of this bridal shop now, because of the wonderful lady that helped us, and can understand why the Duggars came to VA to find a wedding dress for two of their daughters.


So, during this long Moriah and Chris engagment, Moriah turned 21. Chris came with balloons and gifts and we all ate a bit too much cake.
 



  
We have been having a debate about when Alyssa and her now fiance are going to get married for several months now, and while they did not want to rain on Moriah's parade, or wedding, they also found out that they have a baby on the way. While we do not endorse marriages for the sake of a baby, they are in a good place to be able to marry, so we are pulling off a wedding November 17th in hopes that it is still warm enough during the day to have the ceremony outside. The wedding is about an hour from here in a historic barn that has been updated beautifully. There will be more pictures to follow, but here are a few engagement photos. 

 

Guess where the girls and I spent another evening? You guessed it - same bridal shop. 
 

  
Now that I'm double wedding planning, and realized that the children didn't have adequate fall and winter clothing, I seem to spend a lot of time waiting outside dressing room doors, mainly for Tori and Julia. I need to take myself shopping, but I'm doing that trip with no one under the age of 18!


I think the kids are actually getting tired of shopping; I know I am!


Saturday we took a trip to Maryland for Amish feed and llama feed and Southern States had a nice pumpkin decorating table. The kids made these, which was fun since we got rained out of our trip to the pumpkin patch the night before.


We also got season passes to the trampoline park instead of doing birthday parties this summer and fall, I just haven't had time and this will provide several trips of fun for a full year. 


 Lastly, I miss my little grand-sons in Colorado. Gabriel and Nathan are flying here for Alyssa's wedding, but Alayna and baby Samuel are staying behind for a visit from her dad. i miss those little faces!


While its a crazy busy time, I'm sure thankful for my family! Life isn't dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment