OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

More Chicago and a Bit of Lancaster

 Here's a few more pictures of the guy's graduation trip to Chicago. Tori and I were supposed to go, but I have a disk issue in my back that makes sitting in the car rather painful. 15 hours each way just became rather unrealistic as the trip approached.

The trip out was uneventful, but the drive home was in a bad snowstorm and it took many extra hours. I'm thankful they arrived safely! Gabriel and Nathan were blessed with the cheap Frontier flight option - we had none of those offered between DC and Chicago unfortunately. 




This is the Willis Tower that used to be the Sears Tower; I guess it's still the tallest in the U.S. I guarantee if I had been there, I wouldn't have been standing on that deck glass! The picture alone makes me nervous.





This week we made a trip to Sight and Sound in Lancaster, PA for the Jesus play. It is absolutely amazing and I would recommend it most highly to anyone who is able to go! It was Alyssa's last trip out of the state before the baby comes. 


We stayed all night and hit the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum the next morning; it was very engaging. We really enjoyed it and spent longer there than we planned. 


  




 

Next weekend is our annual weekend at camp - quick trip #4 of 5 this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment