OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Back to Virginia

I downloaded the Andy Griffith show for Elijah on the plane ride home from CO; he enjoyed it. 


We came home to the AC having gone out again and 99 degree days. JD had bypassed the Home Warranty system because they took forever and a day last year to fix it. The first ordered part was overnighted and arrived faulty. The second part was overnighted and got lost in Fed Ex land somewhere. The third part arrived and fixed the fairly simple repair and yet the whole thing took two full weeks. If you are building a house and looking at Geothermal; I may talk you out of it!

Some big news is that Tori went to high school this year. We honestly agonized and prayed about the decision all summer and decided to let her try it. I'm not sure it's as wonderful as she hoped, but she is sticking with it for now. She is welcome to join our homeschool ranks at any point if she so chooses!

Teaching a homeschooler to open a locker requires a training session - I was sweating by the time we finished!
This is Tori and I in our normal Algebra homework/study session that seems to occur 5 out of 7 nights a week. This night it was major storming and we sat out in the screened in porch admiring the lightning....and staying cool. 


Thought I'd show the cute sign Tori bought me - I do throw my hair into a messy bun and get things done! It is displayed with my favorite Mimi and Unicorn mug collection from my daughters and son.


It's hard to leave Nathan and Samuel! Thankfully we came home to a prompt visit from our chunck, Oliver. He really enjoys the kids at four months!





Well, school time has come and I have spent about two weeks with the table and counter looking like this most days - 



The children are tackling their new subjects with enthusiasm, well at least most of them. 



I'm looking forward to cooler weather to tackle many outside jobs. 


Carmelle and Claudia - our 2019 babies
Of course, I rescued a litter of four kitties this year in downtown that had been dumped. Three are sweet and tame, Edward on the right isn't appreciating our company! Thankfully the two girls are outside kitties at my friend.s house, and Thomas and Edward are now neutered and released in our barn. Thomas is a super sweet cat and would be great as an indoor/outdoor kitty. Edward and my old barn cat, Kaden, aren't sure if they are going to be able to successfully share a barn yet!





One day, during Algebra, Tori complained that she had glitter on her new jeans. We found out why, although Bella put a good and fair warning right on the paper on the coffee table!




No comments:

Post a Comment