OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, June 19, 2020

My Summer Accomplishments

I decided some time before the Covid outbreak to go back to school, but being "stuck" at home instead of football, soccer and swimming sure has made it much easier. After analyzing cost, I really decided I had to go full time since it ended up being a chunk less than double the time part time. I enrolled in Liberty University for a degree in psychology with a certification in Life Coaching. Since I pursued an education major many, many years ago, I was automatically a senior, but really have two years of classes to take. I got a jump on it by tackling 18 credit hours this summer. I clepped two classes, took two classes through Sophia.org and start my two Liberty classes next Monday.


For the many who have asked, Yes, I do intend on going to work, but hope to delay a few years and then only work part time until the kids are grown and out of the house.  


Last Wednesday, after I took my 2nd Clep, I hit Joanne Fabrics and bought supplies for my big birthday surprise for Alyssa. Alyssa turned 21 yesterday, so I made her a quilt out of all her mission trip t-shirts that she thought she had donated three years ago; I had dug them out of the bags and kept them. I did nothing much but sew the last eight days, but overall, I was happy with how it turned out. 


She was pretty surprised when she opened it 


And happy, which means she cried like I do - 



Now I have one week to catch up on life before I start classes again. We also took a foster kitten today; tiny little thing the kids named Simba. Kitten anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment