OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Posting from Virginia

This post should have been written from Washington, as we all had tickets to go out for Gabriel's chief pinning. With Covid restrictions, we were told that we couldn't attend without a two week quarantine in a WA hotel, separate from Gabriel. There was about zero chance I was able to do that with the kids, or leave the kids for that long; so JD changed his plane ticket to leave two weeks earlier, and we would still return together several days after the ceremony. You may have guessed, but we had a Covid exposure only days before our departure, so were unable to leave at all. Our one Covid positive family member had zero symptoms and spent the time painting her house. The rest of us all tested negative, quarantined, and tested negative again, so resumed life in VA. The airlines graciously gave me a refund and I will need to rethink my visiting schedule, as I can't really take all the kids on my own without renting a van, etc. So, I will likely break them into two groups. It's hard to visit Gabriel now, as they require him to stay home for two weeks every time one of us arrives from out of state. 

The happy ending is Gabriel is now a pinned Chief - made it in less that eight years, which is about as fast as anyone ever! They gave him a red carpet. 


Thankful JD could be there, but stupid, stupid Covid is always messing with our lives! I'm way over it!



JD is heading home soon and we got the snowstorm that the kids have been hoping for. Since it is supposed to turn to freezing rain tonight, the kids and I are going to try to make it to a friends' huge sledding hill this afternoon. Moriah and Chris snowed in here with us and we have a large breakfast planned for online church time. 


I'm back to school for the spring semester; it is so pleasant, and so much easier, since I'm past the dreadful statistic classes. It's all psychology from here, which I enjoy. I need to have a summer internship lined up, but that is proving a bit challenging with Covid also! Of course, all the homeschoolers are back to work and our dining room looks like this more than it doesn't - 


Elijah is playing travel basketball with a homeschool team. Ignore the purple dragon that surfaced on Moriah's head in the only picture I took, but Moriah and Chris have joined me at several games. We are really loving it! 




I'll end with a few fun animal pictures - 





Happy Snow Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment