OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Happy Campers

It seems every time I book a beach trip, something causes us to cancel it. This year I booked two weekend trips to VA Beach at a nice, quiet camp ground on base. We went on our first trip successfully in May, but the upcoming August one will be cancelled because Moriah and Chris' baby is coming three weeks early! It's a lot better of a reason to cancel than the usual hurricane. Next summer I am planning a whole week in Myrtle Beach with Alyssa and her husband's side of the family.

It's hard to leave all the animals behind. Here are my Amish "barn cats" while I pack. 

 

Lucca wanted to know if he could come too - 


 

Here's our happy campers - the two older girls do not enjoy camping and don't generally go with us. 


We had one nice evening and the following day at the beach before a storm and dropping temperatures came in. I enjoy about two days of sun and sand and then I've kind of had enough. I'm generally sun-burnt by that point as well. 

  



This was one early morning that we headed down first thing to watch the dolphins. There were several of them but one rode the wave in over and over right by us. I love watching them!


While the beach we stay at is nice and quiet, we did venture down to the crowded board walk area and got our obligatory King Neptune picture. 


We also met my friend, Wendy, and her family for dinner one night. 



Good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment