OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy, Happy News

We received our appraisal this afternoon and it was even higher than we hoped. We should actually be able to close on the house we built and have been living in for over two years! Mind you, we've been making payments every month and have actually paid it down a bit, but it just wasn't permanent and stable enough with the ARM building loan. We are very excited and can hopefully close in the very near future.

On a second happy note - I actually corn-rowed Tori's hair yesterday. I know it's not perfect by any one's standards, but it's the first time that I've corn-rowed well enough that I didn't immediately take it back out. I had to have her sit in a little chair next to the computer and watch You Tube corn rowing, pause it and copy it. I also had to recite the directions to myself out loud as I corn-rowed. I think it would have been easier to learn if I didn't already know how to french braid; it's kind of the opposite and my hands didn't want to relearn. Here's a shot; I expect it to improve over the next few months.

As a prayer request, the senior pastor at the church Gabriel is interning at slid his truck on black ice this morning on his way to meet with the interns. His truck appears to be totaled and he has been taken to the ER. Please pray for him, his name is Dwight and his fabulous wife writes at http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/. We also really need to pray for Gabriel's safety as he drives over 50 miles a day in the Colorado mountains covered in snow and ice!

1 comment:

  1. Her hair looks wonderful!!!
    We know Dwight...Kalyn and I went to Uganda with in a few years ago. What an amazing family the Saunders are! We are praying for them all.

    ReplyDelete