OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Looking To The Future

I've been kind of blog absent the last few days, it's more due to my mind being overwhelmed than my time. There are many major decisions in our very near future and I'm really trying to pray for direct guidance instead of just fretting over them all, which is my natural inclination.

One of those decisions is my homeschool plans for next year. This morning I ended up going to a Classical Conversations meeting for a new group that is starting in our area. I would be interested in feed-back from others, that are in the group in other areas around the country, if it is really workable for a family as large as ours. After getting the price run-down, I definitely would need to be a tutor if I'm going to send all six of my school age children. The plus side is that Elijah could stay with me while I taught; the down-side is I could never make that commitment if we are able to bring home new children next school year.


While my mind has been swirling, I started potty-training Elijah. He is really catching on quickly for being a two year old boy. He currently isn't interested in wearing pants - just his "wonderwears." I think the wonderwear and mud-boots is a charming look and it's another one of those times that I'm thankful we don't have near neighbors!



For the moment, I'm going to just take one day at a time, one decision at a time with prayer. At this point Monday is our scheduled home closing, so that's one HUGE prayer request turned praise. Thankfully, Aunt Deb is off on Mondays so she can take Alei to work, Tori to gymnastics and hold down the fort while we sign our name over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment