OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday With A Smile and Style

I really love Saturdays that we can all stay home! Today was mostly spent at home, other than Moriah's last soccer game of the season, but that was worth going to since she scored two goals. JD and I worked most of the day down-stairs and the kids played inside and outside. Here they are playing Tori's new birthday play dough game; I love it when they play an entire game without anyone fighting or crying!

JD finished the playroom ceiling last night. It really makes a big difference coming down the stairs. Now he's cleaning and rearranging the back game room to move on to the last big room that needs insulation and ceiling.

I spent several hours cleaning and re-organizing the storage room. I also brought the rest of my canning jars in from the barn. I'm reading a book called Backyard Homestead and hope to be able to grow and preserve more vegetables this year than ever before.

This cracked me up. The boys were tasked with getting these items to the area that JD breaks down boxes and prepares for the dump run. They were smart enough to go get the wagon and try to get it all in one load - it is a trip from the back-yard to behind the barn. They were stacking and piling, until JD came out and helped them stack efficiently.

Thankfully, the boxes were empty, but it was still a challenging load with the incredibly bent wheel on the wagon. I honestly think these tasks are good for working together and brain-storming skills!

As I mentioned yesterday, I did get a picture of Julia's smile with her new missing tooth. I'm not sure you can actually see the spot, but it's a cute smile either way.

Here she is sporting her new twists we did yesterday. I went for random pastel bands and barrettes, but she looks a bit like an Easter egg. Oh well, at least it's done.

Elijah woke up congested again; it seems to be a common Saturday occurance. We'll see if he's fit to attend church tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking family. I just bought my sister and I the Backyard Homestead too. I'm looking forward to really delving into it.

    God's Blessings
    Vickie
    www.TumbleweedNews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so jealous of your storage room!!!!!! and i love your big wagon. Julia's hair looks good. hope Elijah is well this morning.

    ReplyDelete