OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Circumstances

I've been battling discouragement lately in a few area. (I generally do less blog writing when I'm feeling like I have more negative than positive to say.) The first issue is my back; it's been really bad again and stops me from accomplishing the majority of the things I want to. I have booked an appointment with "my back doctor" on Thursday and hope to schedule another MRI. I then want to consider what I can actually do to help remedy this problem; this is my 3rd serious round in less than a year.


My second area is one of my children. Sometimes, I feel like we have made progress and other times, it really looks hopeless. I really hate how negatively it can impact the other children in the family as well.


And thirdly, the Ethiopian adoption realm isn't looking too promising right now. They are reportedly cutting adoption processing by 90%. At that rate, it looks like a new adoption could take up to three years; that is not good when we are often talking about medically fragile children that desperately need to make it "home" to be treated.


Lastly, I really dislike how I often allow my joy to be sucked out by the circumstances around me. I'm trying to not allow these situations to steal my joy...I'm trying!


As for the right now - it's Ben's 10th birthday and Chili's decided to have a today only special that allows two kids to eat free for each paying adult. Thank you Chili's and happy birthday Ben! (pictures will come.)

1 comment:

  1. I understand about being discouraged...it's often so hard to see the silver lining in the midst of trial. BUT then, when I come to the end of myself:), I remember that God is still seated on the throne in complete control.

    Praying the Lord would give you peace...and a rainbow.
    ~D

    ReplyDelete