OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday High-lights

I spent the entire morning corn-rowing Julia's hair. Later in the day, I observed embedded dirt and asked her what happened. She replied, "Tori threw dirt in my hair." Oh well, it's staying a minimum of two weeks either way!
JD started another one of our building projects. We are installing three solar panels on the roof that should provide all the hot water our home needs. In case you are wondering, these enormous solar panels have taken up a good chunk of unfinished basement floor room since we moved in. Right now, we are using an instant demand hot water heater, so we should see a nice reduction in our monthly electricity bill as soon as they are up and running.
And, here's my new excitement (other than my fruit trees.) This is our first roto-tiller, kind of a necessity when you are trying to become a "real" gardener. I think it reveals something about me that my greatest material wish of lately is a tiller; I'm equally excited that my husband will till my every desired planting spot, since I'm subjected to the neck I have at the moment.


I did not lay grass-seed today, since they are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow (how annoying towards the end of March in Virginia.) We also did not plant our fruit trees since we are working on securing a truck-load of horse manure to plant them with. I guess we'll be out there as soon as the snow thaws.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the manure is aged. :) Horse manure is best for plants after it has aged a year, otherwise it can be too strong and could kill the plants. Sometimes it's best to wait two years.

    We use raised garden beds for our vegetables, and this is the first year we get to use one of them because the manure is finally old enough. Just thought you'd like to know, if you didn't already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm not some creepy stalker person who talks about manure. I was a friend and follower on Xanga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try vaccuming Julia's hair:) Sounds crazy, but it works!

    I hope you are feeling better soon! Next week should be the big week!

    Blessings,
    D.

    ReplyDelete