OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, September 16, 2011

I Need the Brakes

This was an entire week of days on the run. I went to "town" ( we live about 30 miles out) every day other than Thursday, so did my CVS shopping, Commissary shopping and took the kids to swimming at the Y that day. I am desperately behind on things like laundry, but we have a pre-planned fun day tomorrow, so it will have to wait one more day. I'd like to say that next week will be better, but I already have one Richmond, one Baltimore and one "town" day on the agenda; at least they are spaced a bit. I'm looking forward to Richmond since it's my Chick Fil A meet Wendy event; it's always a really fun day and I'm taking her an early birthday present and a dog. Yes, a dog; for some crazy reason, Wendy and I swap animals in Chick Fil A parking lots on a pretty regular basis. This dog is a friend's dog here that is relocating to a friend of Wendy's down south. So, Wendy and I are really just the drivers this time, we are usually the bestower and receiver.

It's getting late, the words are blurry and I really don't have much to say other than I'll be back on Sunday with pictures of our crazy tribe tromping through Kings Dominion tomorrow; Aunt Deb is coming too so that makes it even more exciting for the kids.

So you won't have a picture less post, here's Elijah enjoying the company of his red vehicles. I suggested that we give a couple of the toddler ones to Wendy's baby, Levi, but that just made Elijah not take them for granted. He spend the next several hours playing with them.

J

1 comment:

  1. i am laughing so hard! that is hilarious - the animal comments about us. i found it funny. but that's me. i'm weird that wya.
    also for the record, do not bring my children any toys. levi does not need any red vehicles. let elijah keep them in his collection. he looks quite happy with them. we have enough boy toys - vehicles, super heros, blocks, toy guns, boxing gloves, horses, dragons, dinosaurs, swords, flashlights, playmobil pirates...etc. we have enough for about 20 boys actually. but thanks for thinking of levi. see you on Wednesday! my kids are already planning the trip. i didnt have the heart to tell them i wasnt going to take them but i guess i will now. clay also told me that if my vertigo/head swimminess wasnt better by then i couldnt go. really??? duh!!

    ReplyDelete