OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, September 9, 2011

My Favorite

Yesterday flew by in a blur. My least favorite part of the day? Well, that is when moments after I told Moriah that I needed to take a school break and take a shower (something like a shameful 11:00,) I saw the huge Lowe's truck come rolling down the drive-way. JD obviously forgot to tell me something (although he thought they were coming in the afternoon and he'd be home for it.) I proceeded to head out in my "pajamas" which are actually very unattractive shorts and an old t-shirt. The man asked where the deck was going to be built, obviously in the backyard. He then tested the ground, after our week straight of rain (over 10" one day alone,) and told me he could get it there if I could move the new vacation trailer and truck out of the way. Granted, hooking up the vacation trailer on the hitch and hauling it is something I've never even attempted, but I didn't have a large range of options. I did come yelling in for Gabriel's help, but he was late for work and ran right past me. With the Lowes man's help, I hitched and hauled the trailer to the other side of the driveway. I also moved the truck. I then had to move the elaborate garden hose system which is hooked up on the story high faucet in the backyard by moving and climbing a ladder. Need I mention that I'm scared of heights (and still wearing my fresh out of bed look now covered in sweat?) To make a long story short, by the end of the hour and half, Elijah was out in the mud with no shirt and his wedding shoes, asking the man if he was going to "crush" various items around the yard with his rolling fork lift; the girls were out with their wild undone hair and pajamas and I felt like the man was going to be telling stories out our crazy house for months to come! 

My favorite part of the day? Writing my friend's daughter a check once she finished both my girl's hair while I actually finished school and made dinner!


My humorous part of the day was when I was letting Julia and Elijah watch the gummy bear song on YouTube and it showed a picture of the Statue of Liberty. Julia got all excited and said, "look, Lijah, look, it's that lady that we know!" 


I've made it to the end of my first week of school; James, Ben, Tori and Julia have done really well! I am going to work on some schedule adjustments, however, along with my clean out and organize project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment