OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Charlie

 We lost our dear dog, Charlie, two days ago in a tragic accident. He was actually Alyssa's dog,  but we all dearly loved him. Aside from a few bad habits, he was the perfect family dog!  I'm really having a hard enough time dealing with the reality that he's gone and I know Alyssa feels the same. It has been a long, long time since I've cried that long and that hard!


Here's the sweet stone that Alyssa painted for him. 


We also planted flowers and a Hosta at his grave site. 



Alyssa and I made a trip to Michael's craft store and bought this shadow box to display the paw print and hair tuft that the vet gave to Alyssa. I think she did such a beautiful job making it; it's now hanging in her room. 


He was one loved dog.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. Pet loss is hard and sometimes doesn't get much sympathy. It does truly hurt. I've had many long long hard cries about it myself.

    ReplyDelete