OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, October 10, 2011

While I Was Away

I had a wonderful weekend away with my sister and my "sisters" from church on a retreat in the mountains. I did not even take my camera, but would have loved to take a picture from the top of the mountain that I climbed. Since JD and I are heading back to the mountains at the end of the month, I'll get one then. I'm thinking my sore legs will recover by then!


While I was away, everyone did well. JD took them to the annual fall festival. The parade has become one of our annual fall traditions. Unfortunately,  I had to miss the police gorilla - we do live in a rural community so he's about as fancy as we get!


JD also managed to accomplish more on the deck. All the support boards are in and the posts are now going up. After we had to cancel on the Amish the last two weeks due to supplies not being in, they cancelled on us this week. So JD is just plugging along. 



Sometimes coming home is really hard because the kids all seem to be extra needy, but this time was thankfully smooth. I'm back to bagels I cook myself with child conversation instead of being served breakfast and adult conversation. 


I'm also back to teaching instead of learning, but it's all good. 



Now that I think about it, my kids are blessed every day with what I went away for - quality teaching and meals made for me! Too bad they don't appreciate as much as I did, but that's just part of the circle of life I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment