OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Deliveries

JD received a call on the 23rd about several toys that were dropped off too late for the Toys For Tot pickup that occurred at his work. They wanted to know if we knew any families in need that we could bless with the extra toys. We instantly knew one, but was sure that we could find more by asking around. We brought the toys home and began making calls and dividing what would work for different families that we found out about. 




We began with a family whose father had been laid off and they are struggling to not lose their home. We decided to provide two gifts per child. We then covered a family with two children whose father is in serious condition in the hospital. Then we divided toys for a Mexican family that Debra knows and an immigrant family from Afghanistan. 




At that point, we still had more younger children gifts, so I contacted a few families that actually posted that they needed help on Craigslist. We were able to correspond and help a mom that has six children. It was a lot of fun and a good reminder, again, to my children that the world is filled with people that don't have the blessings that we so often take for granted. 


Due to my present deliveries, I was pretty behind where I would normally be by Christmas Eve. I was also getting sicker by the moment, so I ended up taking myself to the Urgent Care on Christmas Eve. I did do my pre-Christmas baking, but a lot of cleaning and other organizing went by the way-side. Of course, the kids did not care and it was a wonderful Christmas anyway. 

The fun of the day, for me, was smiling children - 



And my three year old playing songs for the family. 


I hope your day was filled with friends and family as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun thing to do - give away gifts. I bet the people loved it!

    ReplyDelete