OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, June 11, 2012

While We Wait...

 I am waiting for word that Selah's smudged paper got re-submitted to court so that I am legally able to post pictures of her. By the time I exhaust the pictures I took of her, hopefully Bella's case will be heard and pass and I can move on to the pictures I took of her. 


Until then, I'm going to admit that I had never eaten Ethiopian food. I know this may be shocking (and even my parents had been to an Ethiopian restaurant), but we never had. We will now, as we found out how delicious it is. This was our first night there and in between eating, the traditional Ethiopian dancers came and taught us how to dance. I was so tired, and it was so late and dark in the restaurant, that I would occasionally almost doze off, then they would be back for me to dance again. Don't you wish I would post that video? It's not going to happen!


The other thing I found so interesting was how the horses stand in the middle of the highway with whizzing cars going by on both sides of them at 60 MPH or more. They said that the horses do that because they found out that it keeps the flies off of them. 



While we found that entertaining the first day, I was pretty sad to find out the next day that they are actually stray horses that have been abandoned by their owners because they are too old to work. The horses just graze along side of the road and stand in the road. Every country has such unusual characteristics and it was really neat to see the vast differences between Ethiopia and Liberia. 


Prepare for lots of pictures of Selah Kalki as soon as I get the email!

No comments:

Post a Comment