OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday

 Other than an early morning soccer game, we all stayed home today. JD spent the day installing the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom and I cleaned out the storage room. It was amazing how out of control it had gotten just since putting the Christmas things away. At one point, JD had to unload a few shelves to get at the backside of the bathroom wall and that was the beginning of the snowball. We also ordered more shelves from Costco to hold more Rubbermaids; there is a noticeable increase in clothes storage containers now that I'm keeping Julia's clothes for Selah.

The kids played and helped -



 I didn't emerge from the basement until 6:30. Random children kept stopping by and asking if I had made dinner and what were we having.  (Turns out that we had an incredibly nutritious meal of chicken nuggets and onion rings once Ben discovered them digging through the freezer). Since I have some finish up work down there tomorrow, I went ahead and posted tomorrow's dinner plan to save the children from the hike down to ask me what we will be eating.

So far none of them have even read it, but I think it will be entertaining when they do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi...I found your blog through the Ethiopian Adoption Blogs blog roll. I am also with Lifeline/West Sands. If you are not already a member, we have a private FB group. Feel free to email me at movedtomove@gmail.com if you'd like to join us there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have our menu (monthly) on the inside of a cabinet door, they still ask. Drives me crazy!! And why can't 1 ask, and report to the others....NO, they all have to ask.
    And, really, does it matter--they know they will get fed SOMETHING.
    Yes, I need some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete