OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

 Since we still had three running fevers this morning, we had a quiet Easter at home. Only the big girls were healthy enough to go to church. I guess the younger crowd will be wearing their Easter dresses next week. I was also very excited to replace my last year's Easter picture on the header of my blog; I will hope for that also next Sunday.


Bella and Selah were pretty impressed with the fun side of Easter. Bella is a big fan of chocolate, so the whole event was right up her alley.




I hid the kid's baskets down stairs; then since it was raining, I made them clean up the basement before we had the egg hunt down there. Otherwise, we may have never found some of those eggs!


This year we color coded the eggs. Since everyone is only looking for their color, we were able to hide Selah and Bella's very easy for their first egg hunt.


If we don't color code them, then I give them a number they are allowed to find; once they find their target number, they help a younger child that is still searching. Either way seems to work well and prevent greed and tears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment