OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Beyond Birthdays

There is so much going on around here that I often think of topics that I want to blog about, but they seldom make it to the computer. 



Here are a few random things of importance to me.
My desk-top computer died. This computer is of utmost importance because it's where all our financial matters live. I have double screens so I can pull up the bank on one and enter the items on the other. Our financial upkeep is a bit more than most with all rental properties and all the children's medical bills, so I try to update the spread sheets every few days. 

JD has had to take a break from the flooring job and spend several days replacing parts and updating software -  



My temporary station has been the lap-top at the table; it just isn't the same!


I hit the thrift store on base for the first time all summer. The lady let me bag baby items for Ethiopia for $5 a bag. I got all this in one bag! I'm hoping to take it to the free day-care that we visited before on the edge of the Korah dump slum.



We have paid reduced land taxes for the last eight years for having 20 acres in trees. We have decided that we are tired of being tick-farmers and want to grow more. We are having "tree" people come in and clear the areas we want - they pay us for the lumber and we get it cleared for free. We are planning another pasture for meat cows and then some fields for growing hay to feed the cows. I think they start in about a month. It will look so different; it's land we have barely seen. There are some pretty rolling hills and a creek behind us. 



Poor Aunt Deb - her car died while it sat in our drive-way and had to be towed off for an expensive repair. We got it and our red Escape back last night from the repair shop. JD had to work from home on Monday just so Deb could take his car to work. 



We have had some nice cool evenings, so I got out the sparklers that I bought on the 4th of July. Some friends gave us some last year and a new tradition was born. I think I'm saving the rest for our weekend beach trip next month.





Here's a closing picture of Bella, just because she's a cutie.


Oh, I forgot my new guest room - I decided to stick with the guest room over an additional child bed-room and I got a great deal on furniture on Craigslist. I'll show it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It is not the same at all BUT you still can plug in an extra monitor to your laptop and get the extra screen space. We have a dual monitor desk top too and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete