OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Movers and Chickens

 Today has been on the calender for months as moving day. This last week, everything of Alayna's has been moved to our house, so that the military can move it all to San Diego. This is the Alayna pile that has accumulated in the playroom - yeah, nobody has been playing in there!


This is a packer finishing up Gabriel's room. So, now I will officially have a bare room. I told Gabriel that it was going to be my new Yoga studio; he looked at me funny since I overall dislike anything Yoga due to my balancing challenges. Eventually, someone upstairs is going to have to move downstairs, so that Elijah can separate from Selah and Bella. I was informed that we would not pass our home study update for Brooke with him in the room with them.The problem is that I don't really have anyone upstairs that I want living downstairs at this point; so for now, it's a guest room - without a bed.


From years of moving as military child, I know that packers and movers have to be closely supervised. Today, that's Gabriel's job. I'm not sure what James and Tori are doing, because I just now noticed that they were in my picture after I told them all to stay upstairs!


Of course, on top of the chaos, I got an early morning call from the Post Office that my baby guineas had arrived. I decided that I may have to give up growing melons, but that's better than anyone getting Lyme disease from all the ticks we have. 


These will grow up to be a fierce tick-fighting flock - I got 30 because I learned before that they don't allow outsiders to join their flock once they grow up.


Selah and Bella were pretty impressed with them. They are cute now, but they grow up ugly.


Our chickens that we bought from the Amish are now "teenagers" - they are free in their side of the coop, but still not big enough to go out in the fence without squeezing through.


The Momma hens are the other side are doing an amazing job of laying over a dozen eggs a day; I haven't had to buy any eggs in months and we eat a lot of eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment